Thanks Nils.  I've got it fixed now.

You were close, but not exactly correct.  It turned out it was not the image
itself, but the size of the div containing the image that was the culprit.
I needed to set the left and right margins to -10px to override the 10px
padding of the containing div.   The reason I missed it, was that I had that
set correctly in an earlier version of the style sheet, and forgot to copy
across the #masthead div to the new style sheet.

Thanks a lot for helping - you pointed me at the error I'd been hunting for
for hours.

And thanks for your comments about the link colours.  They were decided by
the client and I've advised her to change them.  Waiting to see what she
says.

Cheers
Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
Macromedia Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer
AFP Webworks Pty Ltd
http://afpwebworks.com
Full Scale ColdFusion hosting from A$15/month