You need to use the property "display:block;". I suggest you see some of the great examples at http://css.maxdesign.com.au/listamatic/
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, July 29, 2005 8:10 PM
Subject: [WSG] Making CSS Buttons active

I’m building a site with a navigation button stack in the left column, and I’m trying to figure out how to make the whole button active.  I know I’ve seen it happening somewhere but I can’t find an example right now.   Can anyone show me how that is achieved?

I’m not sure if I’m making myself clear, but when I style the  nested list, I get nice buttons being displayed, and when the cursor hovers over the word in the button, the hover effect works fine,  but when the cursor is over the button but not over the word, the hover effect doesn’t work.   If I have a button that’s a lot wider than the word (for example on the “home” button where the active area of the button is far smaller than “sign up now”

I know I’ve seen this with java applets, but I sure don’t want to go down that road again – I have that on my own site now and it’s a pain.    I felt certain there was a way using nested lists and CSS to make the entire button area clickable.  Isnt there?

Cheers

Mike Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

Macromedia Certified Advanced ColdFusion Developer

AFP Webworks Pty Ltd

http://afpwebworks.com

Full Scale ColdFusion hosting from A$15/month