On Jul 31, 2005, at 3:19 PM, Justin Carter wrote:

IE7 will be far from a disappointment. Sure Beta 1 doesn't seem to
give us anything much new and the UI is a bit topsy-turvey but I think
it's mostly due to the fact that it has come straight out of Longhorn
(Vista).

From the IMPRESSIVE list of fixes and newly supported features posted
on the IE blog I think that IE7 is on the right track, and the fact
that Microsoft have shared this information with the community is one
of the most positive things to come out of Redmond in a long time.

As a developer I'm quite satisfied with what I've seen so far, and if
they can get the UI right then the end-users might be quite satisfied
as well! I can't wait for Beta 2 to give it a real workout :)

Hear, hear!

I agree that the recent communication from the IE development team is exemplary. These people have convinced me more than Robert Scoble has done in his still pretty MS-tainted approach to blogging.

It's time for the o so sceptical standards missionaries to wait for the proof of the pudding. They might be surprised at the taste of the new browsing Microsoft is cooking.

Jeroen