http://www.svendtofte.com/code/max_width_in_ie/ - is a good article on using IE expressions to control text width.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]On Behalf Of Tania Morris
Sent: Wednesday, 10 August 2005 4:20 p.m.
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: [WSG] IE min-width problem

Hi Folks,

I've been working on a site which has three columns which unfortunately need full height backgrounds, some have rounded corners and... well it's been tricky but it's all working ok... except that due to the fact that IE doesn't accept min-width, it becomes quick ugly in IE when the window is resized...

You can look at the beta site at http://dev.papercutmedia.com/perthjazz/

The CSS isn't to messy, but the XHTML does contain a few "spare" divs to enable the various background pics to get the "look" right ( boy am I looking forward to CSS3 with multiple background images for single elements!) and I'm getting the feeling I've looked at it too long and am not seeing something obvious...

Any pearls of wisdom that can be offered would be graciously recieved.

Tania