* Bert Doorn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-08-15 10:18]:
> G'day
>
> >   Very simply:

> >   Is there any way to have the second "p" appear without
> >   inserting a non-breaking space?
> >

> Question: What's the (semantic or otherwise) meaning of the empty
> paragraph?

> If it's only there to add extra white-space, why not add padding-bottom:1em
> (or whatever you need) to the div?

> If it's there for another reason, you could try giving it a height (through
> CSS)

    It's a JavaScript/W3C DOM hack. I'm trying to fashion an edit
    control out of W3C DOM. I need to keep it from collapsing if the
    user removes all the text.

    It makes little sense otherwise, so I'm not surpised it's not
    readily supported.

    I'll probably use the hight as you mentioned. Thank you.

--
Alan Gutierrez - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
    - http://engrm.com/blogometer/index.html