height:100%;
}

 be a default on each page, like

* {

    margin:0;
    padding: 0;

}

Has become on my core style sheet?

On Aug 19, 2005, at 10:14 AM, Patrick Ryan wrote:

One step further, just add this:

html, body{
height:100%;
}

Remember that HTMLand BODY are valid elements that wrap all of your
content.  To varying extents they can be styled like any other element
on your page.  In firefox, HTML and BODY inherit their height and
width from the browser window itself, while in IE, the width is
inherited, but not the height (go figure).  So setting them both to
100% height gets things consistent across browsers.