On Aug 24, 2005, at 1:31 AM, Bennie, Jack wrote:

Got a problem, which only occurs in IE Mac 5.2, with using the onload function in an HTML <BODY> tag, any suggestions how I might be able to get around it?

I suspect your Mac IE is firing the onload just fine, but the value you give to it is confusing it. Test to make sure the onload is firing by adding an alert('fired'); to the function before any other code.

I suspect your problem is that Mac IE does not want the quotes around the url value. You have:

document.getElementById("masthead").style.backgroundImage = "url ('" + bgimage + "')";

...which expands to (say):

document.getElementById("masthead").style.backgroundImage = "url ('images/header1.jpg')";

...but those single quotes are fouling things up. Try this instead:

document.getElementById("masthead").style.backgroundImage = "url (" + bgimage + ")";

--

    Ben Curtis : webwright
    bivia : a personal web studio