Hi Dwain,

You wrote:

some people refer to <p> as a p tag, but it is the <p> element.

Hmm. I agree that when someone refers to an "alt tag" it
is wrong since alt is an attribute of the img tag. I am
not sure what you mean in your distinction between the "p
tag" and "element" implying that only "element" is proper.

Since someone might wish to refer to the tag as written in
the page coding or to refer to the paragraph element itself
both possibilities seem open. IMO a lack of precision is
likely to result from allowing only one referential mode.

Regards,

Gene Falck
[EMAIL PROTECTED]