On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 17:19:33 +1200, Rachel Radford wrote:

> We have just launched a site (www.eastwoodhill.org.nz) but have
> received feedback that IE for windows is crashing!!!  We have
> figured out that it is a bit of Javascript making it crash – this
> bit of Javascript mimicks the CSS min-max behaviour that is needed
> for the navigation and for some images that have captions
> underneath them such as the one on the home page.

Hi Rachel,

We observed the same problem in my web class. I have reason to
believe that this only happens on XHTML documents. At least, one
document I had coded as HTML 4 strict did not have this problem.

This may not be a viable solution for you, but you may like to give
it a try. Seems to be an IE6 on Win XP SP2 problem only. Again,
I may be wrong. Needs testing.

BTW - IE did not exactly crash for us - it simply locked up.

Cordially,
David
--
David Hucklesby, on 8/30/2005