Well Fx already do this to some extent. If you go strict strict, yes that´s two 'strict' ;-)

Serving not well-formed xhtml as application/xml+xhtml to Fx will get you attention.

Regards,
Anders Ringqvist

Chris Taylor wrote:

Exactly. I was actually thinking the other day, browsers should be more like compilers... they should refuse to parse incorrect code. Then the enforcement would be on the output end, too.

Perhaps some clever person could write a Firefox extension that does
this - if Chris Pederick is on this list maybe he wants to add this as
an option to his excellent Web Developer Toolbar? Or perhaps it could be
added as a mode for the FirefoxTIDY extension?

Screenshots of a browser displaying (X)HTML errors in the same manner
that a compiler does may get the message across that valid markup is
important to those that make the decisions about such things. I'd
certainly find it useful.

Chris