> -----Original Message-----
> From: Kevin Arrowsmith [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Tuesday, 20 September 2005 3:00 AM
> To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
> Subject: RE: [WSG] Click here--reference
>
> http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/noClickHere

I actually don't quite agree with one of their recommendations:

-------------
Get [Amaya]!
Note that "get" is left out of the hypertext; we do not recommend putting
verb phrases in link text.
-------------

"Amaya" by itself is not a terribly descriptive link. If we assume that a
user with a screenreader reads this link by itself out of any context,
"Amaya" could take you anywhere:

- A website talking about "Amaya"
- Download "Amaya"
- The "Amaya" Forum
- My aunty "Amaya"

"Get Amaya" is a fairly descriptive link that will give all users a clear
understanding of where the link will take them.

Of course this depends on the context and the situation, but in some cases
the verbs as part of the link text are quite useful.