From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Paul Bennett
Sent: Thursday, 22 September 2005 8:07 AM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: RE: [WSG] controlling font size in form text box

1. personally that font size is already borderline readable (and I have good
vision) any smaller than 9px (some would say 10px) is getting into the
squinty-eyes arena.
2. According to my screen callipers, the font size the designer wants is
7px. There's a reason it looks too small at this size - because it is. Your
designer might have to just be happy with 9px IMHO.

Paul

<tip type="Screen Callipers">
Need to measure things onscreen (to appease designers, for example) then
check out this 'Screen Callipers' utility:

http://www.iconico.com/caliper/index.aspx

(I'm not afflated, just a happy user)
</tip>