each time you tab into the menu, you must keep tabbing until you tab
through all of the root-level and sub-menu links. That could be
frustrating, too. So our goal is to hide the sub-menus and make it so
that they are only revealed to people who can point at them with a mouse
- typically, the vast majority of users."

This is a good approach.  I had this in my mind but get stuck on the
tab focus. Thanks for the fresh look I will edit my menu.

Colin

From: "Colin Meerveld" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Yes I read that article but had the same problem as my menu. What I
> like is that the menu expand on TAB focus. Thus when I tab to the
> menu
> the submenus have to expand the same way you go with the mouse over
> it.
> Maybe this is not importent if you can use the mouse or are visual
> impairment (they can navigate to the menu) but if you are mobile
> impairment you use the tab and want to see the menu.

I guess perhaps you didn't understand the "tabbing" issue as raised in

the article. Tabbing (what you want) through the sub-menus is turned
off for accessibility reasons. If you simply want to konw if one can
tab through the sub-menus, well - yes - it is possible and it is the
default behavior of our particular menu system. We make it default
because we cannot predict how accessible our users will be able to
make their pages, so it's kind of a "failsafe". Here is a default
menu:

http://www.projectseven.com/products/menusystems/pmm/pagepacks/tommi/tommy_v1.htm

Try it with your tab key and with javascript disabled.

Al Sparber
PVII
http://www.projectseven.com

"Designing with CSS is sometimes like barreling down a crumbling
mountain road at 90 miles per hour secure in the knowledge that
repairs are scheduled for next Tuesday".