wybe wrote:

> I was wondering about the use of em's to determin your font size.
> What is the difference between using em's or percentages?

If http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UsingEms and
http://css-discuss.incutio.com/?page=UsingPercentages aren't good enough
explanations, let's change them so they are.

> Percentages work fine for me but W3C seem to be very enthousiastic about
> using em's.

Ems are partiticularly good for sizing container widths, as they make it
possible to keep line-lengths the same regardless of font-size:
http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/widths-em-v-px.html

> And another thing i can't figure out is this: what is the size of 1em?
> Is it the width of the letter 'm' of a font?

Here's the official definition:
http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#em-width
--
"Cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you."
                                                Psalm 55:22 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/