Hi everyone

 There was a recent spat of posts about using variables in CSS. I looked at them and thought… I need to look at these later.

Well, now I’m working on a very complicated CSS file and would like to replace #f60 in several million places with {selectedlink}. It’s not several million places, I swear, but is still a hefty number of times.

Here’s the deal. I have a main navigation css. I’d like to create an alternate template and instead of replacing the nav.css with a new flavored nav.css, I’d like to put my color rules in a theme css file.

For example, lets call it something emo like, lasttraintofresno.css. This lovely CSS file should have only a few rules, i.e. change the color of the headers, the back ground of the subsection div, and let’s throw in a different border color on the footer.  Oh, and change the color of the selected item in the navigation.  Ouch, my 4 rule css file now grows to 54,056 lines of rules re-writing the #f60 code.  Wouldn’t it be lovely if I just had {selectedlink} : #ffcfcf ?

Is this possible ? Is this what they were trying to tell me ?

What language is my spellchecker looking at ? every word in this email is screaming « check spelling ! »

Merci

Ted