James Oppenheim wrote:

I tend to use underscore for class and id, try very much to stay away from two word file names.

This is a question (discussion?) that comes up every couple of months here on the list - ultimately, I reckon you'll get as many 'conventions' in use as you've offered suggestions. I think it's very much down to the individual - and the ease with which other members of a team (or inheritors of legacy code) can work with your css.

I believe there are strong arguments for creating filenames that result in logical, human-readable URLs.

Underscores in class & id names are not a good idea - some browsers don't read them properly, and the styles aren't rendered properly, if at all... from memory, an early Safari was one such.

HTH
Omnivision. Websight.
http://www.omnivision.com.au/