Peter Ottery wrote:
fwiw, I forgot about testing in IE4 about 3 years ago. I still like to
make things look "ok" in IE5.0 but if some text is butting up
against the edge of a container due to it not supporting some float
issue or something, i dont worry about it. Its usually a better story
with IE5.5.
Unless the site caters to a very unusual crowd, IE4 should be given either unstyled or slightly styled content. IE5.0 might be worth supporting if doing so is trivial, but otherwise treat it like IE4.

It's important to draw the line somewhere. Mosaic, for example, doesn't support CSS or tables, and I'm not sure if it even supports forms.