I have recently been committed HTML and XHTML valid coding in my e-commerce
development work. I believe creating valid code is important regardless of
how much a search engine can reward it, however, a good search engine
position remains at the top of many clients wish lists. Rewarding valid and
accessible design with improved search engine positions would be one of the
best ways to motivate clients, designers and developers to create code that
follows web standards and best practices.

So do the most popular Search Engines reward valid design?

If so is there any proof or statements issued by search engines to confirm
this?

If not will they be rewarding in the very near future? (as I believe they
should).

Regards,

Gareth

Gareth Houston