I make a point of mentioning it in my scopes, if I'm asked about it then I iterate the advantages of it but I don't feel the need to really push the promotion of it.

Jan Brasna wrote:

I don't think it must be neccessarily a common issue. Many agencies I know here mostly don't even mention standards or the particular technologies, they're just selling greatly usable, effective and profitable web solutions to the clients and since they are professionals and they care the output is standards-based as an obvious thing.