Hi all

I am trying to find a web standards compliant way of styling a title for
a description of references within an article.

Eg: <sup title="Ernster L, Forsmark P &amp; Nordenbrand K. (1992) The
mode of action of lipid-soluble antioxidants in biological membranes.
Relationship between the effects of ubiquinol and vitamin E as
inhibitors of lipid peroxidation in submitochondrial particles. J Nutr
Vitaminol Spec No:548-51">7</sup>

If I use the above example the full reference is obviously truncated as
"title" has a predetermined maximum width.

I have found a css/javascript example:

<http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/JavaScript/Creating-popup-notes-with-CSS
-and-JavaScript-Part-II/2/>

but it doesn't appear to work on any mac browsers (I haven't tried
windows).

Does anyone have any other ideas/suggestions?

Presently the site has a link to the bottom of the page which lists all
the references, which is OK, except that the reader loses their place
when they return to the article.

Thanks in advance,
Sarah

--
XERT Communications
email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

<http://www.xert.com.au/>
web development : digital imaging : dvd production