Hi,

The client is having trouble:

"Just to update you, we're having some issues making your styles work within
the program, as the generated table does not have TD's and TH's in the
traditional sense per se."

The application is running on IE 6.

Thanks,
Christopher Kennon

On Nov 7, 2005, at 6:18 AM, Peter Goddard wrote:

Chris

Just off the top of my head, but .net 2.0 offers the new GridView web
control and most output I have tested in .net 2.0 has been compliant
markup, if a little verbose. The DataGrid was a web control offered as
part of .net 1.x and has now been replaced by the GridView. Most of the
enhancements are to do with easier databinding routines and the the new
declarative datasource controls.

What issues with table markup does your client think they have? The data
returned to a databound control is ideal for presentation on a tabular
format. It is, after all a table of data that is being diplayed.

If you have issues with the DataGrid, why not grab back control of the
output in a Repeater control. There are even scripts that will allow
paging with the repeater. Check out 4guysfromrolla or msdn. I wouldn't
like to script sorting on columns however.

HTH

Peter