>> Avoid using the pre-wrapped ASP.NET controls. DataGrids aren't so
bad, but you get much more mark-up control by using a Repeater.
Similarly, rather than using an asp:label, there's a mark-upless version
that doesn't insert <span> elements. I forget the name, sorry, but it
does exist.

I think Ben might be referring to the <asp:literal> control. I use this
quite a lot as it gives you complete control over your HTML output.

Also, I've implemented the free XHTML Strict filter from Rider Design.
Works great. It essentially captures the HTTP stream before it hits the
client and adjusts the stream to ensure compliance.
http://www.riderdesign.com/products/

I must admit, I try and avoid the web controls that create the markup
for you. I generally call on my own classes that generate compliant
markup.

Best Regards,

Paul Hempsall

Web Developer
Lake Macquarie City Council
Tel: (02) 4921 0713
Fax: (02) 4958 7257
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Web: http://www.lakemac.com.au

This information is intended for the addressee only. The use, copying or
distribution of this message or any information it contains, by anyone other
than the addressee is prohibited by the sender.

Any views expressed in this communication are those of the individual sender,
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of Council.