Andreas Boehmer [Addictive Media] wrote Thu, 10 Nov 2005 14:08:40 +1100:

> I just realised how ridiculously little the difference is between "normal"
> and "large" font size on the Sydney Morning Herald. As if that was making
> any difference to the user. It's fairly obvious that that was only put on
> there for the show, not to really make any difference.

It this the site in question? http://www.smh.com.au/

I opened it in a 900x700 window, and could see amoung all the px sized
mousetype nothing that looked like a text resizer. Where do they hide
it? How are people who need it supposed to find it? That begs the
question, when starting with mousetype, how is anyone who needs a
resizer going to recognize if there is one there, much less how it
works? If sites would simply use the user default in the first place,
then few would have any use for a resizer on the page, since "too big"
for any web designer is going to be adequate for most such people
whether they know how to set their own defaults or not.
--
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
                                                Philippians 4:13 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/auth/