Only supported in IE 6 with a hack, kind of an ugly one too as it renders the PNG's transparent area with a mid gray until it has finished loading, I guess if it's on a small image it's ok.

Joseph R. B. Taylor wrote:

Greetings all,

I wanted to see what people's comments were as to using .png's vs. .gifs these days.

I have a design that will require those nice transparency effects only a .png can provide if I want it to be just like the mockup. Do most browsers support that yet, or do I have to go with the gif that has been carefully shaved?

If you care, the mockup is http://sausalito.sitesbyjoe.com/ and the shadow in question is on the logo - the problem is created by the pattern in the background behind it - blah blah blah.

Thanks,

Joe Taylor
http://sitesbyjoe.com