Charlie Bartlett wrote:
> The reason I use this technique rather that the box model hack, is
> because we cannot guarantee that the box model hack will work in
> future browsers, I know its probably not going to be a big deal to
> fix it, knocking out a couple of lines of css shouldn't take long,
> but I prefer not to have clients moaning at me because their sites
> have suddenly stopped working. This technique is far more future
> proof, and allthough its not semantically perfect, i prefer it to
> having unnecessary voice selectors in your style sheet.

What I was saying is that there are ways to deal with this without any hack
at all.
It is a matter of "moving down" the padding declaration.
If borders cannot be achieved with images and that *a few pixels* create a
problem (because the designer is looking for a
pixel-perfect-design-across-the-board), then one can use a conditional
comment to "fix" IE5.
In any case, there is no need for an extra DIV in the markup or CSS filters
in the stylesheet.

Thierry | www.TJKDesign.com