Geoff Deering wrote:

No, I don't feel we are. This recommendation does not address the problems raised by this specific issue, according to my understanding.

So I would very much appreciate if you could explain in thorough technical detail and functionality how this works and how it addresses the problems (I see) this specific issue raises, or at least show how you would address this issue in functional specifications.

In thorough technical detail and functionality? Functional specifications? Why do you have to make this issue sound so inflatedly complex?

Taking Internet Explorer as an example, at the moment you have access, under Tools > Internet Options... > General > Accessibility, to three checkboxes: ignore colors specified on Web pages; ignore font styles specified on Web pages; ignore font sizes specified on Webpage. My proposal: why not add a further one "ignore form control styles specified on Web pages"? Technically, the browser should then simply ignore any author defined styling of form controls.

There...sorry if it's not in functional spec or technical detail...

Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com
http://webstandards.org/