Hi All -

I'm putting together a template for a contents list page for the
National Library of Australia's online pictures delivery system.  We
need to start an ordered list on a page from a number other than 1, as
the lists could be quite long and so will be chunked into a set per
page.

There are two solutions...
the first, for example:
<ol start="40">
<li>
</li>

or, the second:
<ol>
<li>
system</div>
</li>

While the first would be more elegant, start is now a depricated
attribute.

What do people suggest?

Thanks
Somaya

Somaya Langley
Digital Preservations Officer /  Web Audio Analyst

National Library of Australia
Parkes Place
Canberra ACT 2600

ph +61 2 6262 1366