Sunny, what Jon and I meant was to put the span at the end of the link like
this:

This will force the image to appear at the nend of the link.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of SunUp
Sent: Thursday, 24 November 2005 12:53 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] :after, IE, and link text wrapping

Thanks Jon ...

It was suggested that I try <span>, which I did, but IE still displays the
image at the end of the line, where the long link text wraps, instead of at
the of whole link.

I think I'll just hide it afterall, and IE users can (in the inimitable
words of "Dad" in "The Castle") suffer in their jocks.

thanks,
sunny