Matt Harris wrote:
Just re-worked my photography site: www.focusontheclouds.com and wanted to get your opinions.  I've strayed into new territory - opting for a slightly-risky, dark background instead of sticking with a classic white background.  I'm interested to hear if you think it works...

It looks very good. A couple of minor points:

  • I find the graphic text on the slide rollovers a little hard to read -- especially the light on the over state. This, I think might be tough for people with lower contrast or smaller monitors.
  • Is clicking on the cloud banner supposed to be an easter egg. There is no indication or direction that it rotates (loads new) lot of slides. I like it but you should tell people or at least give more than a hint than the outside border color change on hover.
All the best,

Jay