Lloyd wrote:

Guys,

Thanks for all the feedback! Backend is important as one of our
content providers is blind. Does anyone know much more about Joomla?
They are possibly prepared to upgrade (As they see this is just the
same thing). I want to know whether its possible to do this with
either Mambo or Joomla but I guess otherwise it will need be something
else so your suggestions of other good CMS's are welcome!

Thanks again.

Regards,

Lloyd

Just as a point of interest, Mambo, before it split into Joomla, said that the next major release (5.x) would aim to generate web standard compliant code, they had taken on board as a core developer the person/people who takes Mambo, and fixes it to produce XMambo (http://mamboforge.net/projects/xmambo/). I don't think that will happen of itself, and will need web standards developers to work with the various teams to provide feedback. I don't know what has happened with these initiatives since the Mambo/Joomla split.

The Typo3 people have said the same thing about Typo3 V4.x, which is in alpha (http://typo3.org/?tx_newsimporter_pi1%5BshowItem%5D=0&cHash=e4a40a11a9). Again, it will require web standard developers to work with them on that.

So I think there's the opportunity to work with and provide feedback to bring these products up to a standard where we can maybe*enjoy* good web content management tools.

Geoff Deering