> From: Patrick H. Lauke
>
> But the question remains: who awards these stars? Self-accreditation
> would obviously be futile. And who monitors that stars are rightly
> awarded, and not used by sites that don't meet the criteria? Hey, if
> there's full-time jobs being created here, I'm in...

It has to be somehow enforced for it to have value.
Clearly regulation of anything internet related is
problematic due to its distributed nature. I'm not
going to come up with a whole plan for this, I was
just thinking of a way that the relative "goodness"
of sites could be simply communicated to a non tech
audience. I think the scheme (at least the
implementation and enforcement) would be very
impractical in the current online environment.

--
Peter Williams