The poor practices mostly come from this code being slowly updated since version 1, (which was really bad), hopefully in time all the "no-no's" will be removed.

I appreciate the time you spent looking in there and noticing that stuff, I forgot all about those stupid span tags all over the place, left behind from my various attempts to write my own CMS (which thankfully has gotten much better!)

Joe Taylor
http://sitesbyjoe.com