This might help you, Screen Res is near the bottom somewhere.
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp The latest figures are for July, so its a little out of date.

I agree with Bobs point though, it interesting that we used to design for 800x600 so all our visitors could read our sites without using the scroll bars, now we design so that the content fits comfortably in 800x600 so our uses don't have to move their heads! somewhere between 15 and 25 words per line appears to be comfortable for most people.

Charlie
http://www.bartlettdesign.co.uk