Stephen,

A site I maintain is used mainly by lawn mower/hardware shops. It is
not uncommon to walk into one and find a network of 5 computers
running Windows 95! The computers are far from being up to date but
you may find these statistics of some use:
http://extremetracking.com/open;sys?login=meyequau
The site is (www.mey.com.au). 90% of users are accessing it with
Internet Explorer and the  resolution is almost exactly divided
between 800x600 (@ 43%) and 1024x768 (@ 44%).

I hope this helps :-)

Lloyd