I remember this question coming up before on this list. IIRC we
concluded that <address /> was only used for contact info for the
author of the document.

from W3C HTML 4.01 spec:

The ADDRESS element may be used by authors to supply contact
information for a document or a major part of a document such as a
form. This element often appears at the beginning or end of a
document.

For example, a page at the W3C Web site related to HTML might include
the following contact information:

<ADDRESS>
<A href="../People/Raggett/">Dave Raggett</A>,
<A href="../People/Arnaud/">Arnaud Le Hors</A>,
contact persons for the <A href="Activity">W3C HTML Activity</A><BR>
$Date: 1999/12/24 23:37:50 $
</ADDRESS>

Personally, I'd probably just go...

123 Some St<br />
Somewhere<br />
SomeState1234

On 12/22/05, sam sherlock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Example:
>
> <ADDRESS>
> Newsletter editor<BR>
> J.R. Brown<BR>
> 8723 Buena Vista, Smallville, CT 01234<BR>
> Tel: +1 (123) 456 7890
> </ADDRESS>
>

> with whatever styling provided by CSS you care for.
>

> for more details see the link below
>
> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html3/address.html
>

> tee wrote:
>
> > Hi there,
> >
> > I am working on a page that involves with hundred of address in
> > different locations/cities. What is the best way to do?
> > unordered list,  definition list  or  table data?
> >
> > I am thinking to make two columns for address. Did a similar page
> > sometimes ago with unordered list with two columns floated, because
> > some address are 4 lines, some are 3, the result wasn't good.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > tee
> > The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/
> >
> > See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
> > for some hints on posting to the list & getting help

Ben Wong
e: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
w: http://blog.onehero.net