Stephanie Sullivan has a good tutorial on how to do what Zachary suggested at:

<http://nemesis1.f2o.org/aarchive?id=9>

(Especially useful if you use Dreamweaver but the principles and basic process applies regardless.)

Project VII also has their Uberlink Menu tutorial which takes a slightly different approach (and is what I cut my own CSS menu teeth on - it's a great intro to CSS menus for anyone who wants to learn how to do them):

<http://www.projectseven.com/tutorials/css_menus/list_01/index.htm>

Stef's method involves adding the id to the page when it's created, with no need to touch the menu - useful if you're using includes for the menu. Al's method involves adding the id to the menu itself. It is your call, whatever works best for you. (You can get either to work with your particular menu.)

HTH,

--
Vicki Berry
DistinctiveWeb