Nick Would also happen if there was no-repeat of the image ?

Nick Cowie wrote:

My suggestion it has something to do with the two background images involved:
html {
    min-height:100%;
    margin-bottom:1px;
    background:url(../_images/bg2.jpg);
    }
body {
    background:url(../_images/bg.jpg) repeat-x top;
    position:relative;
(snip)
    }

Safari has a bug which can cause background images to behave badly (if the background image is larger than the container or set to repeat), the background image will overflow the container they are the background for.

I describe here - halfway down the page - see trouble with safari
http://nickcowie.com/2005/elastic-faux-columns/

I would remove background:url(../_images/bg.jpg) repeat-x top; from body and see if that resolves the issue

--
Nick Cowie
http://nickcowie.com

Jack Kennard
Web Designer
http://www.WebSailingDesigns.com
770 437-1267
770 933-2000 x233

Stay up to date with the latest travel
technology on the web
http://www.websailingdesigns.com/blog/

Stay in touch by Instant Messenger
msn- [EMAIL PROTECTED]
yahoo- javajoba Please do not use these for emails