Hello!

Paolo Dodet skrev:

That is. If you access my personal site using IE you will notice that I use a meta tag to declare the mime-type, and in the case of IE it would be text/html, whereas if you access using any other browser the page will be served as XML, using a xml declaration, without any meta-tag to declare the mime-type.

When using the meta tag to declare content-type, it is best practice to put it as early in the html as possible. I always put it immediately after the head opening tag. The logic behind this is that the browser should have to parse as little as possible before finding the content-type meta tag (as it sometimes has change the encoding of everything before the meta tag). This also shows why this information always should be sent with the http headers in the first place.

/AndersN