Actually, the best way would be to use PHP, and besides, we do not
tend to call them "HTM" pages, but rather "HTML" pages. And thus the
filetype after its name is useless.

It could be done as following in PHP:

<?php include('included.html');?>

Which would not include your "comment" mark, and I do not know either
if your way is a standard, as I have never heard of it. Besides, I
hate frames, and thus would not suggest your way.

Note: When using PHP, you probably need to name your original file
with ".php" at the end.

Regards,
Svip, sviip.dk