This thread is really off topic so let's leave it here, but to correct
something (sorry Lachlan)...

This works on IIS as well, as long as it's a .shtml or .shtm file to tell IIS
to parse it for any required processing (like an include) before serving it
(unless your host doesn't allow them). ICYDK: IIS is Microsoft's "Internet
Information Server".

I tested all three you mentioned and they all worked on my IIS server (Win2k).

1.   <!--#include virtual="/included.htm" -->
2.   <!--#include virtual="included.htm" -->
3.   <!--#include file="included.html" -->