From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Chris Kennon
Sent: Sunday, January 29, 2006 8:49 PM
To: wsg@webstandardsgroup.org
Subject: Re: [WSG] A Question of Slices

Hi,

Thanks Lea & Byte,

Does this also beg the question, are the tabs to small?

Both slicing suggestions seem valid, and which is most suitable will have to
be proven in a UA. So thanks again, a good start for experimentation.

Chris
On Jan 29, 2006, at 3:27 PM, Lea de Groot wrote:

>> The plan is the very back (the textured back ground) is the
>> container_bg, the cards are the content_bg, and my question was on
>> properly slicing up the tabs along the right side of the cards, for
>> use as navigation,
>
> Ah, my apologies - I didn't even *see* the tabs :( I think my first
> attempt would to cut the image into 5 pieces:
> - the entire left hand side
> - top right hand piece, including top tab
> - 2 x middle tabs, out to right hand edge of image
> - bottom right hand piece, including bottom tab.
>
> This gives the minimum number of pieces to apply to elements.
> Hmmm... although thats going to make the anchor over the large pieces
> difficult...
>
> OK, second try:
> I would cut it into 6 pieces:
> - the left hand piece, to the edge of the top piece of paper
> - the right hand piece, from that edge to the right hand edge of the
> image *and do some clever editing so the tabs dont appear*
> - then one piece for each tab. This would overlay the large right hand
> piece I assume the tab sticking out further is the current one - a
> separate image for that.
> Not sure if I would make the list item containing the tab the size of
> the larger tab or the size of the smaller one, I would have to
> experiment.
>
> Does that help more?
> :)
>
> warmly,
> Lea
> --
> Lea de Groot
> Brisbane, Australia
>
> See http://webstandardsgroup.org/mail/guidelines.cfm
> for some hints on posting to the list & getting help

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
N:;bytedreams ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
FN:bytedreams ([EMAIL PROTECTED])