Yes, but can you use an anchor fragment to link to a point in an
Acrobat document?

The other thing is why would we even bother with that when we have
hypertext? On one site I did recently, the client wanted a PDF
brochure with _identical_ information to what was in hypertext
included. The PDF brochure in question was some non-standard size, so
people couldn't even print it, yet the client wanted it there
(probably because they'd paid some designer too much money for it).
It's useless content, and it's achieved easier and better with
hypertext. Why?

I do see PDF's applications (disseminating print documents that
universally render the same -- though they don't ALWAYS look the same,
but we won't go there), just not as a markup replacement.

Felix's link to Alertbox is great, btw...