> > Maybe the standards community prefer to ride ponies instead of real
> > race-horses? ;-)
> Must be something to do with keeping nearer the earth. Opera spoils
> web developers, and makes Internet Explorer (and Firefox, to a lesser
> extent) that much more shocking ;-)

hehehehh ahhh dear, we're the mac users of the browser world aren't we
;) [grabs his fireproof suit]

speaking of macs, i wonder if the new mac version of opera will change
the stuff that angered joe clark?
[http://blog.fawny.org/2005/02/01/opera/] i don't have a mac to try it
out.

> More seriously, I still use Firefox as my primary browser chiefly
> because of its great web dev tools. Whenever not working, however, I
> love to use Opera.

I have to admit the firefox developer toolbar really is good (despite
some really irritating limitations). but the rest of the time, opera
all the way.

I haven't yet heard whether the new version of Opera is a bit kinder
to javascript - the guys at work complained that v7-8 had some
particular quirks that really got them off side. They haven't been
overly specific but claimed that some were actually bugs, not strict
interpretations of standards.

--- <http://www.200ok.com.au/>
--- The future has arrived; it's just not
--- evenly distributed. - William Gibson