I recently launched an overhaul of the interface of
www.education.gov.au.  Its been a bit of a battle trying to get the
client to sacrifice things for the sake of accessibility and
standards-compliance, not to mention the state of the legacy content and
CMS templates, battles still raging.... aaaaanyway , those things
aside...

There is a problem with the 3-column layout I've implemented.  In IE at
resolutions around 800x600 and below the centre column is dropping below
the left and right floated columns.  I know its to do with the animated
GIF logo at the top of the centre column and have already made a fix
(not in production yet) so the problem doesn't occur at 800x600.

What I'm looking for is suggestions of better columnar layout in which
rather than the centre column dropping down, columns stay where they
should and the browser's horizontal scrollbar appears instead.

CSS:    http://www.education.gov.au/intranet.css
        http://www.education.gov.au/styles/basic.css
        http://www.education.gov.au/styles/layout.css
        http://www.education.gov.au/styles/content.css
        etc... so many, you're better off using the FF Web Dev
extension!

Any advice is much appreciated!

Regards,

Miles.
IMPORTANT: This e-mail, including any attachments, may contain private or
confidential information.
If you think you may not be the intended recipient, or if you have received
this e-mail in error,
please contact the sender immediately and delete all copies of this e-mail. If
you are not the intended
recipient, you must not reproduce any part of this e-mail or disclose its
contents to any other party.

This email represents the views of the individual sender, which do not
necessarily reflect those of
education.au limited except where the sender expressly states otherwise.

It is your responsibility to scan this email and any files transmitted with it
for viruses or any other
defects.

education.au limited will not be liable for any loss, damage or consequence
caused directly or indirectly by this email.