Second day and I keep coming back to the same problem...IE6/7 keeps placing a hortizontal scrollbar on this template. IE5, however, does not.

http://client.vaska.com/escaut/index5.php

There are a number of other issues here (like the height of a div being created by javascript) that I'll deal with later. But for now, is there some way that I can get IE6/7 to stop doing this? It's clearly caused by the nav items at the top of the page. All the modern browsers seem just fine with this...

You will note that I'm using a pretty common technique that essentially creates fake frames so that I can have a fixed position footer at the bottom of the page.

Help!

;)