Ian Anderson wrote:
IE7 will respect height: 1%, which if not filtered away from it could break many layouts. They are retaining hasLayout as an internal property and recommend using zoom: 100% for inducing hasLayout as a replacement technique for height: 1%.

Which W3C standard/recommendation for CSS defines the zoom property? I don't see it in the CSS 2.1 spec.

http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/propidx.html

If indeed it's not defined in any CSS standard/recommendation, are MS effectively saying: "We recommend you write invalid CSS so things work in our new browser which has better support for standards"?

Regards
--
Bert Doorn, Better Web Design
http://www.betterwebdesign.com.au/