Cade Whitbourn wrote:

The compatibility issue is caused by our use of CSS filters. They
specificially highlight our use of Star HTML Hack, Selector HTML Hack
and the Holly Hack.

Although they don't say it explicitly, the implication is that we should
remove these from our CSS as the use of these filters fails in IE7.

"Hi, this is the MS IE Team. We've removed the bugs that were exploited for CSS filters, but didn't actually fix the fundamental problems that caused people to use filters in the first place. We decided that you should use conditional comments instead..."

--
Patrick H. Lauke
http://redux.deviantart.com