Christian, that's what I kinda thought. Still, what struct me on the definition is "or a major part of a document such as a form".

Now what is the major part of a document that lists contact information for one or multiple businesses? These documents are used to contact the listings, not the author. Also, who is the author if we are just publishing listings provided (or "authored") by the businesses?

About appearing once, would you think it is correct to use it on a page that represents a single listing? For example http://yellowpages-cambodia.com/media/publishers-graphic-designers-prepress-etc/iq-design-13728.html

Still not too convinced... though might change it to hcard anyways.

Thanks,
Miika

Heh. Sometimes I wish I never heard about semantic markup ;)

On 2/19/06, Christian Montoya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2/19/06, Miika Mäkinen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear WSG members, I'm a bit confused about the correct use for
> address-element.
>
> W3C documentation states that it should be used "to supply contact
> information for a document or a major part of a document such as a form.".
> Now as I'm working on phone (and address) directories, I am currently using
> the element to mark up addresses of all listings (no matter how many of the
> listings are on a page).
>
> What do you think? Is this correct usage or not?

Sorry, no it's not. Address is only for contact information for the
author of the document (this would be you)... and it can only appear
once.

I think you could look at http://microformats.org/wiki/hcard for the
microformat approach, or some other list members can recommend various
options... definition lists might work well.

Christian Montoya
christianmontoya.com ... rdpdesign.com ... cssliquid.com
The discussion list for  http://webstandardsgroup.org/