To: <wsg@webstandardsgroup.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:25 PM
Subject: Re: [WSG] Introduction and first submission

Actually to reply to to Jan first. There is (or was) a WSG group here in Austin. At least as of SXSW 2005. They had a big party over at Frog Design. Great group of folks. I'm on a mailing or invite for the monthly meeting. Have been traveling and you know according to Murphy's law I will always be on the road during the monthly meeting. I'll dig up the site or email and pass it on to
the folks here in Austin.

As for the question what is this...SXSW?

Wow I've never quite had to answer this to another Texan. Try this link
http://2006.sxsw.com/interactive/

SXSW started as a music only festival back in the 1980s. The Film and Interactive (that's us web and UI folks) came later in the 1990s. It's a 4-day get together were we attend panels to hear about thing people are doing. Sort of a trade show but not for any one vendor. Last year the keynote speakers were Jeffry Zeldman (in person) and Malcom Gladwell (Tipping point and Blink author). Also in attendance were Eric Meyer, Doug Bowman, Andy Budd, Jerremy Keith. The folks from down under from WestCiv who make an excellent CSS tool, Style Master. Sorry for the name dropping
there.

Anyway it's really a lot of fun.

P-

--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

pardon me yet again, but what is this...SXSW ?

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jan Brasna" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>