Georg,

Saturday, February 25, 2006, 9:47:58 AM, you wrote:

GS> Adam Morris wrote:
>> Ok. I added a  "min-width" to the #content which seems to stop the
>> page breaking up under 1000px. I also used the javascript fix for IE
>> but... now then it seemed that IE dropped apart at widths OVER
>> 1200px! So.. I added 'position:relative' to the #content - seems to
>> always fix most IE probs! - but no joy. THEN tried
>> 'position:ABSOLUTE'... bingo! Why on earth does this work??

GS> Probably because 'position: absolute' adds 'Layout' to that
GS> container[1]. It's an IE-bug that is often used to "fix" things in that
GS> browser, although that bug most often creates more problems than it solves.

Are you sure? He wrote that he tried position: relative as well and
that it didn't work for him. This should have added Layout as well. I
didn't take a closer look to the site, but I bet that (as you
mentioned) position: absolute took the container out of the flow and
solved the problem. And of course created some new ones...

Adam: Have you tried to adjust the width of the container? Probably
the problem is a rounding bug or a bug in the min-width javascript?

regards,

  Martin